Saturday, January 31, 2015

Welcome! - Help Save San Francisco Zoo Chimps!


Welcome to this blog, dedicated to the attempt to Stop a Move by San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson to Boot the Family Group of Three Senior Chimpanzees from the only home they have ever known.

On my blog I Am Not A Anteater  http://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/
I have posted four Chimpanzee posts recently.  Three were history/informational.  Then I learned of this move and posted in regard to that. That post will be copied to this blog in the next post. 

This is a time sensitive project as the Chimps are set to move in the next couple months.

Please subscribe to this blog, follow me on Twitter, share any and all information to help get the message out.

The plan is to spread the word through Social Media, start a letter writing campaign, Petition, and possibly a rally (info to come).

The Message is a Call to Action to the San Francisco Zoo, San Francisco Zoological Society, San Francisco Recreation and Park and City of San Francisco (Mayor Ed Lee), to Stop this Move and Do Right By These Chimps.

The right thing would be to:

*Upgrade their current home, so they can stay. ... which would then include acquiring additional Chimps to increase the Group size to guideline ideals.  

*Execute plan for construction on new Chimpanzee Exhibit.

These Senior Chimps deserve to be a priority for once, be given the new home they were promised and most important to live out their lives in the place they have called home for 45 + years.

Please help in anyway you can.  

If you comment on this blog, and have trouble, please email me via the about me contact.  I will make sure you're comment is posted.  

Thank you for your interest and support.







No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes "timely" isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*As with all posts, please expand comments for additional insight and information.
*Contact the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson if you want your voice heard within the walls tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.